Sometimes it’s cheaper to buy a new camera body with a kit lens than it is without. This is…
…occurs from time to time in the entry level camera segment.
There are several reasons why I don’t use kit lenses. The fact that I don’t use kit lenses doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t.
- They are not sharp enough. (No offend)
- They usually produce a lot of chromatic aberration in contrast rich images.
- They are too plasticy for professional purposes. (Seen the low prices this is not THAT bad as they are replaced easily for a couple of bucks.)
- The AF is most of the time not that fast and quite noisy.
- The front element is moving whilst focusing. This makes it nearly impossible to use a polarization filter in a proper way.
Essentially this are the reasons why I don’t use kit lenses.
Thanks for reading and/or watching.