For the very first time I had the opportunity to interview a comic book artist. We talked for more than 50 minutes and I managed to cut it down to 42 minutes. Mainly by removing most of the ‘arrrrr’ and ‘ehemmm’ I used.
In first instance we considered shrinking the whole conversation down to 20 minutes but as this is great content for all of us I decided not to do so. In the list below you find some of the topics we talked about in this video.
- Her webcomic The Atemis Incident
- The preference for drawing male or female characters
- 3D models used in comic art
- How much time is spend per panel
- Hand-eye-coordination with a drawing tablet
- Adult stuff
- Critique that makes you better
- Composition and balance
- Drawing hands and feet
- Drawing hair
Have fun with this!