The chance is big that your singing is much better than mine. To give you a little creativity boost I want to briefly describe how I made this 3 minute music video.
First I have to warn you, it took quite a couple of hours to produce and it’s not likely that you are much faster than me. But OK, let’s take a look how it’s done:
- I searched for an instrumental version of the Gary Jules version of Mad World, found one and put it on the first track in Magix Music Maker.
- To make sure the lyrics are right I browsed the Internet for them and found them very quick.
- I placed my unprofessional computer microphone in front of me and hit the record button to record the first voice on the second track of the Music Maker project.
- Considering that my voice was to weak and flat, I decided to fiddle around with the effects of the software. The compressor gave my voice more volume and a little reverb is good for Lady Gaga, so it can’t be bad for me.
- I repeated steps 2 to 4 five times for the background vocals. I guess you didn’t think that it was that much.
The Video Recording
- Putting headphones on to fake a studio ambience and most of all to try to mislead you from the fact that I can’t sing.
- Starting the finished soundtrack I recorded.
- Running to my green screen.
- Playback to my own recording.
The Video Editing
- Load the video I just made into Magix Video Deluxe
- Load the soundtrack on the next track into the program
- Sync both by dragging the soundtrack in the right position. This worked out well immediately and still amazes me.
- Selecting the video and fading the green screen away.
- Putting an image of the Brooklyn Bridge (I shot myself when I was in New York) in the background and put it on a track above the video. It’s like working with layers in in graphic programs but just the other way around. In this case the layers below covering the layers above.
- In the next track I put some photographs of me (couldn’t find another victim) to give the video that little extra, for so far you can talk about a little extra if you see me (smirk). However, I could also have used different video’s in this track(s) what would’ve made it much more professional looking. But I had none.
I hope you find this brief explanation useful and I look forward to see your results.